The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport’s (CILT) Transport & Logistics Safety Forum will be hosting its Transport and Logistics Safety Conference on Wednesday 8th November 2017 at Palletforce’s state of the art facilities in Burton-upon-Trent.
This year’s theme is: Delivering safety first: for the vehicle; the driver; the load and at the delivery location and focuses on the safety and security of what’s on board, who is on board, the vehicle and the delivery process itself, giving delegates a unique opportunity to explore the issues and concerns which are at the top of their fleet operator agenda.
A host of high-profile expert speakers will be tackling topics such as counter terrorism – following the recent tragedies in Nice, Berlin and London, low bridge strikes and the dangers of transferring the load risk from the warehouse to the road.
Most operators believe they have robust processes in place and take every precaution when delivering loads. However, it is still evident that safety is a major problem which can have catastrophic consequences for fleet operators and vulnerable road users.
The event’s line up of dynamic industry experts include:
- David Higginbottom, CEO, Driver First Assist (DFA)
- Peter Harvey MBE, Chief Executive, Fork Lift Truck Association (FLTA).
- Paul Rogers, Professor Emeritus of Peace Studies, Bradford University
- Jonathon Backhouse, Director/Solicitor, Backhouse Jones Solicitors
- Mark Wheel, Senior Engineer (Structures) & LWN Bridge Strike Champion, Network Rail
- N ina Day, Senior Engineer, Road & Workplace Transport, HSL
Places at this event will be limited and will go fast, so register early to guarantee your place. Book now, contact: Ana Walker. Tel: 01536 740140. email@example.com